In order to protect our staff members and clients from the coronavirus, we've taken many health precautions and have started more safety procedures. It is very important that we keep everyone in our neighborhoods protected. We will prioritize the safety of our employees, owners and their family members.
- Keeping track of CDC and regional health and govt for health instructions
- Increased cleaning and sanitation services throughout centers
- Encouraging remote working when possible
- Encouraging workers to give blood as part of the Sleeves up Campaign in collaboration with the Red Cross
- Made IT and Internal Communication resources readily available to staff members to help them and their families up-to-date
- Checking the health conditions of our staff
In addition to our initiatives to assist staff members and consumers, Chevy is likewise reaching out global to coordinate massive relief efforts. We're collaborating very closely with Ventec Life Systems together with StopTheSpread.org to quickly scale up production of vitally essential breathing products. We're additionally creating 50,000 Level-1 face masks per month, working with global supply chains to find unused Personal Protective Equipment for essential service workers. In addition to that we're routing $2 million in grant funding to non-profit organizations in need.
How Chevy is helping Buyers During Coronavirus
We understand that now, more than ever is the time to give financial support to those in need. That's why we're offering 0% APR for 84 months and no payments for 120 days available on new Chevy purchases. We are also offering unique first responder discount prices to those who so selflessly devote themselves to helping our communities. If you just want to have your automobile fixed or serviced, we have got you covered. Simply reach out to an on-line rep, or call our service or sales line to schedule an appointment. We even provide pick up/drop off and delivery options where available. If your concerns are automobile associated, we're happy to help.
How Chevy is Responding to the Coronavirus | Freedom Chevrolet